vPBX extensions continues to ring, when caller has hang-up

If i call my voipfone vPBX extensions from any phone ( pstn phone or another voipfone extension ) and then handup before the call is answered. The vPBX extension receiving the call continues to ring for about another 50 seconds, then stops.

This is happening on my ATA 1100 provided by Voipfone, the SPA-2000 units i got and with X-lite too ( more like 2 minutes of extra ringing for X-lite).

This can't be normal behaviour? They stop ringing as soon as the caller hangs up?

All extensions are behind a Linux based NAT Firewall on a DSL internet connection. The SIP setting are as follows:

System Settings -> Network Settings
###################################
Secondary STUN Server: xten.net
DNS Server: dns.xten.net

System Settings -> SIP Proxy
############################
Enabled: Yes
Display Name: Andrew @ Company Name
Username: 302xxxxx*207
Authorization User: 302xxxxx*207
Password: *******
Domain/Realm: voipfone.co.uk
SIP Proxy: voipfone.co.uk
Out Bound Proxy: nat.voipfone.co.uk:5065

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Would be interested how you get on with this. My Snom 360's have started to do this for the last week or two. I spent a couple of hours troubleshooting and rolling back firmware but got nowhere.

I was going to put a few hours to one side tomorrow to see if I can pin it down.

I can't think of any changes my side that coincide with the problem at the moment.

Support, is there a way to start diagnosing this from logs or SIP traces?

No changes have been made to the network for the past week or more so there is no reason why you would suddenly start experiencing these problems can you tell us if you are connecting your phones to the main network or the beta network
Regards,

Voipfone Customer Services

iNet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
Sovereign House
227 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SD
United Kingdom

Registered number: 05168033
Vat Registration Number 858850966

Telephone: 020 7043 5555
Fax: 020 7043 5556

Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk
Blog: http://www.voipfoneblog.co.uk
Forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/voipfone

Problem appears to have magically been fixed over night!

using both beta and main servers, I'm unable to replicate this today, which i guess is good news.

maddog75 wrote:Problem appears to have magically been fixed over night!

using both beta and main servers, I'm unable to replicate this today, which i guess is good news.
Just tested, still have the problem here :-(

Problems seem to be fixed.

OK Things seem to be working well. He is a few notes:

I was trying to use an STUN Server: xten.net
This can't possibly work for my setup as this does not resolve to an IP from here.
Instead i'm using the gizmo STUN as i have an account over there: stun01.sipphone.com

I'm using some STA2000 units i had kicking around, which have the latest 3.1.5 firmware.

It was very useful to set the Debug Options to error to a syslog server, without it was like flying blind.

SIP Settings as shown below:
Give each extension it's own UDP port forward on the router and set these unique SIP ports under the Line 1 / Line 2 screens of each STA2000 unit.

I don't know if everything above was necessary, but i now have a stable set of extensions, which stay registered and accept incoming calls.

I thought using the SIP Proxy provided by voipfone would elliminate the need for all this port forwarding? maybe it does?

Good luck.

I am having the very same problem after the incoming call has been answered by one of the extensions the other extension just keeps ringing, also if the caller hangs up before answer both extensions keep ringing. this is obviously quite irritating and if anyone has a resolution I would be eternally grateful, my set up is one geographical number, 2 extensions in the caller group both extentions are on the same LAN and both are using X-lite and X-tenMate with a Tesco USB Handset.

Thanks in advance

Jason