Different voicemail for business hours?

Hey,

I'm wondering if there is a way to set up a different voicemail greeting if it is outside the business hours - i.e. Before 9am and after 6pm the voicemail can say, sorry we are closed, leave a message. During the office hours, 9-6 it can say sorry, I'm away from my desk....

I've set up my default extension (200) as my main incoming line, but we aren't always able to answer it but I don't want people hearing the "we are closed" voicemail if we aren't closed.

I did think about cheating the system by setting the voicemail for 200 as closed, and then having 201 as an open voicemail, and setting 200 to forward all calls to 201, during the day - and then turning off the forwarding on 200 after hours with 0 time before forwarding to voicemail, but that means my extension 200 would just be wasted (although only £12 a year)...

It would be much nicer to have different voicemail options :)

Is this possible?

Re: Different voicemail for business hours?

Hey,

I've emailed and they replied but as you say - currently unable to happen. I've also asked if they allow access to an API system so that I can set up a mini control panel within our computer systems - then I could do a lot of the things I require.

I've got a different voip supplier with some different numbers and I forward those numbers via the sip end point system. I can make some changes however for sipendpoint they don't seem to allow a * in the input so the API refuses it when I add *200 or *201 etc, I've ask the API team to see if we can add * so they are looking to see what they can do. If I can get that working then I can change the sipendpoint using a cronjob running a php script, set to times and days - then it'll bypass the voipfone restrictions. Not brilliant but a good solid workaround :)

Re: Different voicemail for business hours?

Pretty sure Voipfone don't allow access via any API's, the last I heard was "We're not planning on developing an API yet" - Voipfone have concerns about security which can probably be overcome but is still an issue for them (their obsessive and paranoid about security)

This may have changed but I highly doubt it! :)
totallytechit wrote:I can make some changes however for sipendpoint they don't seem to allow a * in the input so the API refuses it when I add *200 or *201 etc, I've ask the API team to see if we can add * so they are looking to see what they can do. If I can get that working then I can change the sipendpoint using a cronjob running a php script, set to times and days - then it'll bypass the voipfone restrictions. Not brilliant but a good solid workaround :)
Well they won't be the only one that doesn't like the '*' character in any given userid... The Panasonic UT133 will not register against any VoIP account that contains an asterisk' in it's userid - I did email Panasonic about the issue but got no response!

I should also point out that Voipfone are not the only VoIP provider who's userid's contain an asterisk either, guess it's down to poor programming by developers/manufacturers who seem to think a userid contains only alphanumeric characters.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com