Switching to Voipfone services

Hi,

I am interested in using voipfone services with my business or multiple businesses but am not certain I quite understand what exactly is being offered. Or more if I understand it correctly so I will try be as clear as I can and hopefully somebody can put me straight.

I am currently using a provider who hosts an 0844 number and then forwards that to my landline. I recently got a complaint from a customer about using these numbers and so in the interests of giving a good customer service I want to move away from 0844 and start using an 01 number, or in actual fact 2 x 01 numbers, 1 based at each of the 2 locations my businesses are located. I would need both of these numbers to when called resolve to the same IP phone. If I had a second call come in while on a call would it ring engaged or allow the customer to leave a message, do I need the PBX for this?

I actually have a voip phone, a "snom" I never had to return from a former employer so Im pretty sure I have the equipment I need to set this up. Unsure the exact model of the phone its at my office 20 mile away so I will need to update with the details later.
If it can be confirmed that is the only equipment I need that would be a great start to my concerns I guess. Obviously I have a working internet connection too.

Next concern I have is when out of the office, is there an app I can use on my smart phone and have my calls go to that? I know there is the call forwarding function to a mobile but at 10p per minute that sounds like it could become very costly very fast. In an ideal world whenever I have an incoming call it would call both the voip phone in my office and the app on my smart phone at the same time so I dont need to keep making changes whenever I go out. Is this possible?

Finally the costing, I see a fixed fee per month for "rental" of the phone numbers, a cost of £2.40 per month inc VAT, is there additional costs depending on the amount of inbound calls I receive, or is that the only cost per number.

Im going to do a recap now to make this easy to respond to.-

1: Can both my 01 numbers resolve to the same Voip Phone
2: What would happen if I got a 2nd call come in while I was on a call. Do I need a PBX? Would I automatically have a "2nd line" so somebody else could answer or I could ask the first customer to hold?
3: Do I have the right equipment.
4: Is there a compatible smart phone app with the service, and if so, would both the app and my voip phone both ring so I could answer it in either location.
5: Is there any additional charges other than the monthly "rental" fee for the two 01 numbers I would be purchasing.

I know theres a lot of questions there and I would of called support with them, but its 3am right now and I dont imagine anyone is on call :)

Kind regards and thanks for reading.

Dave Williams
Http://www.wakefield-computer-repairs.com
Http://homecall-computer-repairs.co.uk

Re: Switching to Voipfone services

Hi Dave,

Both 01 numbers can be resolved to the same VoIP phone if you wish. :)

The cost for each number is £2.40p inclusive of VAT as you already pointed out and that's it! There are no other charges for receiving calls on these 01 numbers unless of course you divert any incoming calls to another landline number or mobile phone.

You obviously have to pay for any calls you make. :lol:

If you want each number located at two different locations then you will need to purchase two extensions at a cost of £1.20p inclusive of VAT each. You will also need two IP phones and a broadband connection at both locations. Oh and take note - you can even make calls between both locations for free! ;)

You could set it up so that when anyone calls either of the 01 numbers both locations ring simultaneously or you can have all calls coming in on the first 01 number go to location A and then all calls coming in on the second 01 number go to location B.

Remember there are no contracts so you can cancel at any time. :D

If your interested, check out the Voipfone 30 Day Free Trial link located over on http://www.ukvoipforums.com as it gives you a month's free, no commitment trial of all services offered by Voipfone. You can play with their telephone numbers, PBX extensions and even the Interactive Voice Response system if you like - completely without commitment.

Oh and as for your mobile, there are loads of softphones available, Zoiper and Acrobits are my favourites. You would require a third extension if you plan on using a softphone to make and receive calls over your 01 numbers when away from the office.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Hi homecalldave,

It looks like WelshPaul has summed things up well regarding the service :D

The only point I'd add is that if you're using an App when you're away from your desk, you'll need an additional extension for it to be connected to.

For the avoidance of doubt I've answered each question too:

1: Can both my 01 numbers resolve to the same Voip Phone
| Yes they can, and you can set a label so when the phone rings you know which number the call is for.

2: What would happen if I got a 2nd call come in while I was on a call. Do I need a PBX? Would I automatically have a "2nd line" so somebody else could answer or I could ask the first customer to hold?
| snom phones do have call waiting enabled by default, so you can switch calls if necessary.

3: Do I have the right equipment.
| The snoms work well in our experience

4: Is there a compatible smart phone app with the service, and if so, would both the app and my voip phone both ring so I could answer it in either location.
| Although not perfect, Zoiper, Acrobits, CSipSimple will all do the trick.

5: Is there any additional charges other than the monthly "rental" fee for the two 01 numbers I would be purchasing.
| You'd need:
2 x 01 Numbers = £4 per month
2 x Virtual Extensions = £2 per month
Total = £6 per month + VAT

If you need any further help, it may be best to contact the team directly, either on 020 7043 5555 or email support@voipfone.co.uk.

^LS
Regards,

Voipfone Customer Services

iNet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
Sovereign House
227 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SD
United Kingdom

Registered number: 05168033
Vat Registration Number 858850966

Telephone: 020 7043 5555
Fax: 020 7043 5556

Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk
Blog: http://www.voipfoneblog.co.uk
Forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/voipfone

Another important thing to remember when choosing your VoIP provider or any telecoms company who supply your business with a telephone number is "can you keep it" if you decide to switch providers...

With Voipfone the answer is yes! They support number porting. :)

Hopefully though you will never want to leave Voipfone, after all they are one of the best UK VoIP providers around.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Thanks for the help, I will go grab the snom phone today if I get back in time will try get this setup this afternoon or if not will do so tomorrow morning. As far as a trial goes, once im in I am kinda committed, I have a lot of places online with my listing I will need to change the contact number details and once done I dont intend to do it again. I guess for that reason the ability to port the numbers should I need to in the future is another selling point.

Thanks again.

Dave Williams
Http://www.wakefield-computer-repairs.com
Http://homecall-computer-repairs.co.uk