Questions/conditions/needs related to the PBX

Dear Voipfone,

I act on behalf of my boss who is planning a larger IT investment, but needs some background information.

So far, we used an open-source free PBX, but after we've recognised its deficiencies, we decided to buy a commercial product.
To tell the truth, we hesitate between some products, and we need some confirmations related to the concerned PBXs. One of them is Voipfone.

So our questions/conditions/needs are as follows:

- The PBX needs to be an IP PBX.
- Basic PBX features that we need: conferencing, video calling, voicemail, call queuing, IVR.
- The type of all the desktop phone we use is Grandstream GXP 2000. The PBX should be compatible with this device.
- We have a special corporate VoIP SIP phone ("softphone") developed by Ozeki's third party SDK. I am confident that we will continue to use this SDK, so the PBX should be compatible with this software.
- And the last one: we would like to use Android smartphones as the part of our telephone system, so the PBX should support mobile extensions.

Please indicate if there is a solution that fulfills the above requirements. If so, please suggest me the proper product/service here or send me an e-mail to hill.donnaelizabeth@gmail.com.
I wanted to post this message here intentionally, because any further personal comments/experiences coming from the community would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Donna E. Hill
hill.donnaelizabeth@gmail.com

Re: Questions/conditions/needs related to the PBX

Hi Donna and welcome to the forums.
DonnaEHill1 wrote:- The PBX needs to be an IP PBX.
Indeed it is.
DonnaEHill1 wrote:- Basic PBX features that we need: conferencing, video calling, voicemail, call queuing, IVR.
Voipfone do not support Video Calling but they do offer everything else you mention. Before you ask... I don't know of any VoIP providers that support Video Calling.
DonnaEHill1 wrote:- The type of all the desktop phone we use is Grandstream GXP 2000. The PBX should be compatible with this device.
Grandstream phones will work with the Voipfone network just fine, be aware some features such as Busy Lamps probably won't work though.
DonnaEHill1 wrote:- We have a special corporate VoIP SIP phone ("softphone") developed by Ozeki's third party SDK. I am confident that we will continue to use this SDK, so the PBX should be compatible with this software.
I have no idea, why not setup a Voipfone account today and give it a try? It's not going to cost you anything to find out. :)
DonnaEHill1 wrote:- And the last one: we would like to use Android smartphones as the part of our telephone system, so the PBX should support mobile extensions.
You can use Voipfone on an android phone however it requires the use of a third part app such as Zoiper. You can find a setup guide here.

Alternatively you can give Voipfone a call to discuss your needs, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on 020 7043 5555. Or drop them an email by filling in their contact form here.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com