Outages - Recorded message announcing backup number facility

I have a suggestion for considering a new facility that I think would be very helpful for those occasions when there is a serious technical fault within the voipfone infrastructure that prevents incoming calls being connected to Voipfone users. I am aware of the "PSTN failover" facility but this is only helpful when connectivity is lost between our own network and/or PBX and the Voipfone system and not when Voipfone itself is suffering a "loss of service" within it's own network.

If it was possible for each Voipfone customer to be able to create (in advance) a special recorded message for when incoming calls cannot be connected then it could announce something like; "Due to a technical fault, please call our backup number which is 020 123456". The backup number would not the responsibility of Voipfone as it should obviously be hosted with a completely different provider than Voipfone so that it would (generally) be available when needed.

I appreciate that this might be "very difficult" or considered "too expensive" because such a facility would, I guess, need to be implemented on a "separate system" than the main Voipfone system. However, once designed and created, perhaps it would be relatively quick (?) to start-up a "basic automated message system" that would handle incoming calls in this way until the main Voipfone system is fully sorted out and back in action ?

Does anyone else think such a facility would be useful and, perhaps, would be "something they would be prepared to pay for" when continuity of incoming calls are a very important business requirement ?

Re: Outages - Recorded message announcing backup number faci

It's a sensible suggestion, but as a relatively new user I don't know how great is the need. I hope this is not really needed and that the trade-off between putting resources into this and putting resources into core voipfone resilience makes it worth improving redundancy on the core infrastructure.

I note this is a 2 year old request (I'm just scanning this forum section).

If the OP is still around, could you comment on whether you have experienced many outages before or since posting?

Thanks
Stuart