Grandstreame 2000 - NEED HELP - Keeps unregistering

Hi

Ok where do I start, ive had this problem for at least a month! I had one grandstream 2000, was working fine until a month ago..

I used a belking ADSL router for some reason even when the firewall was off my phone disconnected at random times, 20 mins, 30 mins 3 hours and so on.. I found a security log in my belkin saying port 5060 and voip ip being blocked.. ok so i unplugged the belkin and setup a zoom 5. same thing, phone kept disconnecting, voip told me my phone might be at fault... ok I bought another grandstream 2000, STILL the same, i ve reset them changed DNS removed NAT settings, reset my everything and entered it from scratch. Still when i look both phones have unregistered.

Once i reset both phones they both work for about 40 min sometimes they stop on all night and day!!

I ve changed ports, both phones are on different ports.. I am totally fed up now.

I use these for business; ive had to connect another VBX and diverted it to my landline cause iam missing so many calls.

Can anyone help me sort this out??? maybe a hammer will do..

MY CURRENT CONFIGURATION AS FOLLOWS

1X ZOOM x5 ADSL MODEM CONNECTED TO MY LINKSYS WIRELESS ROUTER.

ADSL modem set at 10.0.0.2
LINKSYS set at 192.168.0.1

adsl modem (zoom) as assigned the linksys 10.0.0.14
I have DMZ the adsl modem (zoom) to the linksys allowing all to passs through the linksys.

all my phones and pc';s are assigned a static ip. The phones are 192.168.0.2 and the other 192.168.0.11.

All relevant ports are forwarded to the phones 5000 - 5700 UDP AND TCP

I know my roter and modem are forwarded because i can access PC ANYWHERE from a remote location to my pc inside the lan.

tonight 21:35 both phones will not register ..

any help would be great!!

I am sure the problem is with voipfone service. I am also facing the same problem with Grandstream Handytone 488. You can see my last posting in this forum. The person from voipfone support asked me about the preferred DNS server I am using!! I asked them to let me know the preferred DNS server name but so far there is no reply. Today I have configured my ATA to use the service from "Mywebcalls" and trust me not even for a second I lost the connection. If the voipfone will not give the right configuration for Grandstream devices then I am sure they will regretfully loose a lot of clients. I am hoping that they will sort out the problem soon.
Best Wishes
DOCTOR

my phones where setup with static addresses... My phones just disconnected about 2 mins ago.. Ill have to reboot them AGAIN!!!

Ill try the reg time just now

Well I have changed the settings of my HT-488. I am using the static IP and have inserted the primary and secondary DNSes as 195.50.91.114 and 212.187.162.180. Got the ATA registered, worked fine for 5-6 minutes, now again the same red LED is blinking :oops:

ok.. the staic assigned phone has just stopped working the dhcp one is still going strong. bare in mind the static one was changed to 11 minutes the other is still at 1 minute

i will tell you when the DHCP phone stops working!! come on tech support whats going on?

You say you are using 2 phones i am assuming that these are both registered to different voipfone accounts and not the same account as you can only have ONE device registered per account / extension number
Regards,

Voipfone Customer Services

iNet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
Sovereign House
227 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SD
United Kingdom

Registered number: 05168033
Vat Registration Number 858850966

Telephone: 020 7043 5555
Fax: 020 7043 5556

Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk
Blog: http://www.voipfoneblog.co.uk
Forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/voipfone

I am convinced that the problem is with the voipfone only as all other voip service works smoothly. The tech support must sort out the cause for this.........the earlier the better. I will hate to leave voipfone but may have no choice if the problem is not sorted out.

generally speaking we only use snom phones here but we are just about to set up some grandstreams and monitor what they are doing and we will keep you informed over the course of the next hour or so watch this space :-)
Regards,

Voipfone Customer Services

iNet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
Sovereign House
227 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SD
United Kingdom

Registered number: 05168033
Vat Registration Number 858850966

Telephone: 020 7043 5555
Fax: 020 7043 5556

Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk
Blog: http://www.voipfoneblog.co.uk
Forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/voipfone

pops1000uk wrote:seriously voipfone was working 100% until your network upgrade! now its terrible..
pops1000uk wrote:my grandstream been connected now for 6 hours!! looking good, done some tweaking of the settings..
Well I guess it was not Voipfone's fault after all then was it? :roll:
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

This is the setting that i have and as worked for 8 hours...

SIPSERVER: 80.85.90.135 (beta network)
Outbound Proxy: nat.80.85.90.135:5065
Register Expiration: 60

Leave the other settings alone..

See how it goes..

Right - Quick update for you guys with grandstream 2000.

I updated to the beta firmware, all my problems are solved!!! phone works great..

So it no VOIPFONE its crappy grandstream.. Thanks Lee for all your help I lost your icq number!

Cheers

Still have the problem

I am a new subscriber to Voipfone and also recently purchased the Grandstream 2000, without reading this Forum...

Anyway, I have read this thread with interest and can reproduce many, if not all, of the poblems stated. I too have upgraded the Grandstream software after reading the post which said that it cured the problems. However, this did not work for me.

I have since tried many permutations and combinations of setup, incuding putting the the IP number of Voipfone.co.uk rather than the name, and also putting in the Voipfone DNS servers (just in case the phone did a sneaky lookup... :lol: ).

The phone is also set with a static IP as well. Interestingly, the phone will re-register. I have seen this behaviour once, as in the past I have rebooted whenever I have seen the line unregistered.

All in all, I think that I have followed all the advice given but clearly there is something wrong somewhere.

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has the magic number set to lock the registration. Truly, you are a magician.

I would like to understand exactly WHY the Grandstream loses it registration. This is important as the Grandstream works with my orther service. Unless we know how can it be fixed?

Try, try, try again

OK, not one to give up without a fight I reset the Grandstream 2000 again using the Voipfone set up Wizard and also forwarded the ports (5060 and 5061 - the Grandstream was the first line) to the now static IP phone setup.

As a comparison, I also configured lines 2, 3 and 4 with a Sipgate, VoipTalk and Gossiptel line respectively to see what would happen.

The Voipfone line deregistered as before but the lines from the other VoIP service providers stood firm.

Re: Try, try, try again

Teddyboy wrote:OK, not one to give up without a fight I reset the Grandstream 2000 again using the Voipfone set up Wizard and also forwarded the ports (5060 and 5061 - the Grandstream was the first line) to the now static IP phone setup.

As a comparison, I also configured lines 2, 3 and 4 with a Sipgate, VoipTalk and Gossiptel line respectively to see what would happen.

The Voipfone line deregistered as before but the lines from the other VoIP service providers stood firm.
I have a similar problem with my GXP-2000. My SNOM 190 works fine - as does the SJ Softphone - but the GXP-2000 keeps unregistering. Sometimes it stays registered all weekend, but falls over Monday Morning. On a typical day it unregsiters 6 or 8-times. I have previously posted that it seems to unregister just after a call - which may indicate that the problem is greatest during periods of highest Voipfone network utilisation.

One thing seems certain, and that is that Voipfone are not anxious to investigate this issue - despite the number of similar issues that have been posted.

I have searched the web for forums discussing this problem - but can not find any particular references to registration issue being a known problem area. In fact, it seems that the GXP-2000 is generally a well regarded phone in most respects.

Therefore, I can conclude that this registration problem is pretty much confined to Voipfone - and is more to do with actual configuration issues at their end rather than with the GXP-2000 phone itself.

I have even updated the phone to the latest beta release of the firmware - but with no obvious improvement.

Not much hope left...

I am inclined to agree that GXP 2000 unregistration is an issue at the Voipfone end.

Again I agree that Voipfone has little interest in a fix. Perhaps the number of GXP users does not warrant the time and effort. It is a good job that there is a choice of VoIP suppliers.

Although not an expert in this area, it seem that messages are getting lost between Voipfone and the GXP. It also seems very odd that my GXP 2000 has no problem with any of the other services that I have tried.

I may continue to try various changes to config etc., but I do not hold out much hope unless there are changes at the Voipfone end. Already, I have wasted too much time on this.

Well first off the grandstream is bound to work with providers like sipgate as they sell the damn things. Personally they seem a lot of old tat to me and I would not waste my money on them!

How people can say there is a problem at voipfones end is beyond me! I mean Voipfone can't choose which hardware it likes and which one's it don't!

I now await the royal kicking from Grandstream and their users!
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com