Can't get started!

Hi there!

I've just bought a Panasonic KX-TGP550 and am running a Netgear FVS318v3 router on Virgin cable.

I have been through every setting and updated all firmware and i cannot get the phone to move past 'unregistered'.

What can i do now?

Anyone have any Netgear experience? Is it a setting issue or is there an issue with the hardware i have, perhaps?

Thanks,

R

Re: Can't get started!

While the previous poster has probably moved on, after much consternation, I was able to get my KX-TGP550 to work with the following settings as accessed through the TGP550 web interface. I have a Motorala modem with ASUS and Nettalk routers.

Of all the many settings available for customization, the only apparently germane settings are under the "VOIP" tab and under the submenu for "Line 1." This input worked for me:

Phone Number/Phone Number: "1234567890" (enter 10 digit Voipo assigned phone number)
Phone Number/Line ID: (leave blank)
SIP Server/Registrar Server Address: "sip.voipwelcome.com" (or other SIP address assigned by Voipo)
SIP Server/Registrar Server Port: "5060"
SIP Server/Proxy Server Address: "sip.voipwelcome.com" (or other SIP address assigned by Voipo)
SIP Server/Proxy Server Port: "5060"
SIP Server/Presence Server Address: (leave blank)
SIP Server/Presence Server Port: "5060"
Outbound Proxy Server/Outbound Proxy Server Address: (leave blank)
Outbound Proxy Server/Outbound Proxy Server Port:: "5060"
SIP Service Domain/Service Domain: "sip.voipwelcome.com" (or other SIP address assigned by Voipo)
SIP Source Port/Source Port: "5060"
SIP Authentication/Authentication ID: "1234567890" (enter 10 digit Voipo assigned phone number)
SIP Authentication/Authentication Password: "xxxxxxxxx" (enter password provided by Voipo under "Softphone/BYOD tab, after changing default Voipo Softphone Status: to "Enabled.")

Leave all the other Panasonic settings to their factory default. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and "Save."

By the grace of God, a green light should now appear on your TGP550 and you should be up an running.