Billion VoIP router config - BiPAC 7402VGP

I have the above Voip router and have port 1 configured for Freedom2surf's VoIP service, this is working ok.

I want to configure Voipfone on port 2, but can't get it to register. My Voipfone settings are..

registrar address: voipfone.co.uk
registrar port: 5060
expire: 60 sec.
realm: voipfone.co.uk
outbound proxy: nat.voipfone.co.uk
outbound proxy port: 5065

for port entry..

phone no.: my 0560 voipfone number
authentication username: 8 digit voipfone account
authentication pw. 6 digit voip pin.
display name: 0560 no.

Codec preference:
Priority 1 PCMA (G.711 A-LAW)
Priority 2 PCMA (G.711 U-LAW)
Priority 3 non-used

Has anyone configured one of these or have any suggestions?

Hi, I have the 7402VGO. I've not yet signed up for voipfone, because I've only just got my router, and for the past week have been trying to get VOIP workinng with the fxs ports... I signed up for www.voipuser.org because its essentally free, but i cannot get it to register.

I notice you too have a billion router, and wondered if you had tried with voipuser? If so, what config did you put on the router PLEASE....

If not, then would you be so kind as to tell me, when you signed up for voipfone, was the router config as simple as you have it above? Or did you have to start messing with dial plans? or NAT? or anything else? I dont want to sign up to another SIP Gateway only to find this one doesnt work either!! Thanks, Widget :-)
Last edited by widget on April 2nd, 2006, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm registration is free here at voipfone anyway????

It's like me walking into tesco's and asking if I can park my car there while I pop across the road to asda to do my shoping! :roll:

Voipuser.org is just a forum board anyway!
(as far as I can see)

Best I can recommend is to sign up here: www.voipfone.co.uk

You do not need to give any credit/debit card details and you can try the service for free!

If you don't like it then your free to look elsewhere. :wink:
Last edited by WelshPaul on April 3rd, 2006, 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Humerous comment, but not entirely true. My aim with the post was to establish whether the Billion router config was tricky for us UK users (most Billion users appear to be in Australia). I dont want to sign up to lots of UK voip providers (wasting their resources!!) to find it wont work! So my questions were sincere, and I do intend to sign up for voipfone and make it my primary phone, if I can just get someone to help me either get the router going, or settle my worries that I've not bought a router that doesnt work with UK voip providers.

oh and ps - if you read voipuser.org, you'll see its a community with free calls and a local pstn number for each user, providing you receive as many calls as you make, then your balance stays at zero and everyone is happy! Its really a testing place for me to try voip out, make sure it works and i understand it, then sign up to a commercial voip provider. Thanks :-)

Then why not post your question/request for help there?

You will take the time to register at this forum but refuse to sign up for an account that costs you nothing????

I have no intension of reading through their site!

The time it has taken you to register here and post could have been used to register for an actual voip account and test your device!

You will then have your answer! :wink:
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Thanks, but the question was to discuss and share info on voipfone forum about billion 7402VGO and voipfone provider (with reference to my experience to date on voipuser). if you cant help with this particular question, then i'd apprecite not filling the topic up with clever comments which only frustrates genuine 7402VGO owners having to wade through to get some real answers. no offence. but no thanks.

anyone have proper technical comments / info to share and discuss on their experience of 7402VGO on voipfone?

ps- if you hqve no intention to read about another site, then dont comment on what they are or aren't!!

Actually this is a support forum for Voipfone members to get help and support with their Voipfone service & hardware!

And to discuss Voip in general, I do not work for Voipfone and I'm expressing my own opinion here! :wink:

But it sounds like to me you want somebody to help you setup your device so you can use it with another provider! :shock:

A bit of a cheek if you ask me! :?

As I said it's like me walking into tesco's and asking if I can park my car there while I pop across the road to asda to do my shopping! :roll:

I'll be surprised if anyone would want to help you? :shock:
(I may be wrong) :wink:
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

OK, "acoolwelshbloke" you are boring me now. For clarity - I am trying to set up with voipuser as a TEST and if I can find a billion router owner who's got things working with voipfone I'll be signing up. Please don't bore me with any more replies. If you feel the need to, then PM me - to stop this post filling up with your sarcasm - then I can just delete your messages cleanly.

As for your comment "no one will help", you're so wrong, I've sorted it out over PM - sorry for anyone else who wanted to know about the Billion router config and voip / viopfone - I had to do it on PM's because of the sudden interference from others spoiling this post. When I have it all set - up I'll probably put the config on here just to finish off the post with INFORMATION as it was intended (as opposed to the childish reponses received so far on here from someone pretending to be smart).

widget wrote:I signed up for www.voipuser.org because its essentally free, but i cannot get it to register.

I notice you too have a billion router, and wondered if you had tried with voipuser? If so, what config did you put on the router PLEASE....
:roll:

No where in the above posts do you ask for information on how to setup your device with voipfone!

P.S am I in the middle of a fight here? if so I need to get training!
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com