Cisco 7941 Configuration.

Hi everyone,

Signed up to Voipfone today, as I wanted to use the Virtual PBX stuff etc.
I have two Cisco 7941's and a Linksys PAP2 Adapter.

The Cisco 7941 just will not register on Voipfone - it works fine on Sipgate and FWD. I've been trying every configuration combination, and it just will not register. I'm getting: ERR 05:31:49.123324 JVM: sipTransportGetServerIPAddr: Error: sipTransportGetServerAddrPort returned error.

If I go back to my Sipgate config, it works fine and connects to Sipgate.. if I change the proxy address, username, password etc.. to Voipfone, it just never registers.

The Linksys, however, connects first time no problems, as does a softphone.

Any idea's? Do I need to change anything to use Voipfone which would be different than Sipgate for example?

Thanks for any help,

Daz.

I found using the 7940G that i could not register to voipfone unless i used the nat proxy. I do not need the nat proxy with any other device!

Are you using the nat proxy?

ohhh and one last note, how are you configuring the device? via tftp or phones display?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

acoolwelshbloke wrote:I found using the 7940G that i could not register to voipfone unless i used the nat proxy. I do not need the nat proxy with any other device!

Are you using the nat proxy?

ohhh and one last note, how are you configuring the device? via tftp or phones display?
Tried using Outbound Proxy, and have <natEnabled>true.

All via tftp..

Ethereal is finding all sorts of problems.
401 Unauthorized, Destination Unreachable (Port Unreachable), etc..
And, all my config is right for Voipfone (sip.voipfone.co.uk. right userid*200, etc.)

Very confusing!

If you send me you config files i'll take a look!

Remove your password and userid from them first of course!!

Failing that you can try mine, i belive they are all pretty much the same for the 79xx range!

opps, me email addy is paul at tecexpress dot co dot uk
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

This "ICMP Destination Unreachable (Port Unreachable)" is the thing which is causing a mess I think.. doesn't happen with any but Voipfone it seems, too :(

off the top of my head try entering ip addresses instead of sip.voipfone.co.uk etc...

Try with or without the nat proxy and make sure it's set to use port 5060 as my 7940 will not register using anything other!

There is very little documentation around for the 7941 series regarding configuration etc...

It's going to be a case of trial and error!
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Right, it's because of Symmetric NAT it seems. :(

Guess the only way around it, is if Voipfone can set it differently for me, or I use my own internal PBX