Some of you might be using eyebeam and noticed that when it reregisters sometimes it fails. Now I have sent some traces to eyebeam about this problem and the responce was as follows:
Now i think they will decide that it is a bit strange and hope it will be looked at and corrected. I have also emailed voipfone about this as i thought it was maybe a little harsh that they denied reregistation that was a bit early and it should be more forgiving. I admit 5 seconds is an age in computing time, but still, it still seemed a little unforgiving.Here is the answer that I received from engineering:
In reg1 the proxy sets a timer of 60 seconds for the initial (successful) registration (packets 45-46).
55 seconds later eyeBeam tries to re-register, but the proxy returns a 403 Forbidden (packet 1511).
My guess is the proxy isn't willing to accept re-registration until the full 60 seconds expire.
If he has an account we can use for a while to reproduce/test this, but I don't think we're necessarily doing anything wrong here.
Anyway, I have emailed voipfone with the suggestion that they alter this setting. i also asked them what the maximum reregistration time was, but they didnt come back.
I changed my eyebeam setting to 65 seconds for reregistration and it seems much better. Note that this was an intermittant issue, eyebeam does not seem to attempt this all the time but this setting seems to make it far more stable.
Of course if you are not experiencing this issue, do not alter your settings.