Can't download for Linux

Just registered but unable to download the free phone. I tried Konqueror and Firefox and php code is visible in the left hand corner and no listing for Linux appeared only Windoze and MAC.

I think there is a problem here as I noticed the SJ labs had a version for Linux does the voipfone company not support Linux.

Hi.
You can download the X-lite phone from the Counterpath site but IMHO the SJphone works better. With the SJphone you need to makes sure the pc speaker is working (module pcspkr) as the phone uses that for incoming call alert.
Cheers
Jon
edited to add.
Just seen in your other post that you already use the SJphone

Yes thanks, i know that and have it working I just wanted to have tried the X-Lite. It appears though there are problems as they don't appeared to have tested with the leading distro Mandrake. a missing file libglade.so?

It appears though there are problems as they don't appeared to have tested with the leading distro Mandrake. a missing file libglade.so?
Suprised you haven't got libglade installed. I wonder if it is in a different location to where x-lite expects to find it.
cheers
Jon

What is libglade? Not used it will try to install glade. I am running 10.1 64 bit and sometimes things have been omitted from the 64 bit version. I'll try on 2007 on my laptop and see if it works on that.

Voipfone Support wrote:Whoops have you notified counter path of this ?
Don't know what counterpath is. In any event your first sticky only the second url takes you anywhere with Linux, Konqueror or Firefox. The first url does not appear to work. The wizard doesn't do any magic on my Mandrake (Mandriva).

Are you testing your site only with Windoze?

PS I like the x-lite which I found when I loaded it on a windoze laptop for a friend and hope the linux version is as good when eventually I get it to run.

Guess I'll just have to use the siphone meanwhile on Linux

Think I have found the problem. It does not work on my Linux because I have not installed glade which is specific to the gnome desktop.

Mandrake and many users have given up on gnome for the KDE desktop and do not load the gnome desktop. I do not normally load the gnome desktop as it is not user friendly and not easy for those who want to move from Windoze to linux.

Guess I'll have to wait for the programmer to use the KDE desktop environment. I had thought everyone was using that now.