Review: UTStarcom F3000G Clamshell Wi-Fi Phone

Hi All,

I just bought one of these from voIPfone and have been trying it and thought I would give you all some feedback on it.

Firstly, this is a nice neat little phone. I bought it to have extensions in our workshop. previously we only had one due to wiring limitations, so this essentially allows me to have as many as I need.

The phone arrived and it was neat and quite ok. It looked like the first clamshell phones, a bit like a folding brick. Well this once was no brick. Not too heavy about right i would say.

VoIP phone configured it for my account, although not for my extension as requested. I would say it was quite easy to get it onto my router, was almost instant. it connected first time no problem.

The screen is nice and overally i think i would recomend it and will be buying a couple more in the near future.

The phone does not have a display on the top of the clam, so you cannot see who is calling when closed. This is IDEAL for me as i do not want my staff to be selective on who they answer to.

The reception was excellent. i got a perfect reception inside my building at a range of 80m without clear line of sight, but racked stock and a heat resistive curtain in the way. I am sure it could have done better, but i got to my fence.

The only negatives for me were that it could do with a louder ring and also maybe a louder speaker. The would be 100% fine for normal office use however in the workshop with background noise it caused a but of an issue. Full up it was acceptable, but could do better.

Secondly it would be good if they could make the menu options smaller. They are too big and you cannot read them all, especially in the SIP config. Easy enough to get through them, but a sloppy mistake.

Screen nice however, so just the programmers mistake.

Overall, a health 4/5 i think.

Charlie
If you got any questions I'll be happy to help. Just don't ask me about VoIP, i know so little about that i'd bore you trying to talk about it, but we all have to learn sometime!
http://www.wellandpower.net

we have found a bit of a bug in this phone:
UTStarcom F3000G Clamshell Wi-Fi Phone

When using the phonebook, we get a error in module message. When it happens next time we will write it down and post it to see if they can sort it out.

Charlie
If you got any questions I'll be happy to help. Just don't ask me about VoIP, i know so little about that i'd bore you trying to talk about it, but we all have to learn sometime!

The phone has been on charge all night and its not full!

Also the battery meter keeps junping all over the place, we dont know if its half full or nearly dead..... not sure whats going on.