Snom 360 TX

I have noticed that the firmware on my snom 360 has automatically been updated recently.

However, since the update whenever a call is transfered and the receiver is replaced the line to be transfered stays as if it was still on hold. It is however not still on hold and the call does transfer fine, but, I have to pick the line up again and close it manually to get rid of it. I'm guessing this is a provisioning issue and I'm maybe missing a setting somewhere?

Is this an issue anyone is aware of or does anyone know a solution for it?

Cheers

T

All you need to do is log into your snoms web interface and click advanced, scroll down the bottom and find Update: in the drop down box select Never update, load settings only.

Your snom will no longer have it's firmware automatically updated!

With regards to your issue since the upgrade it may be a bug in the firmware version. Have you tried doing a full factory reset then entering your details from scratch?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

My sip settings are as follows.
The firmware version is snom360-SIP 6.2.3

I haven't tried a factory reset yet I'm going to have to do that out of hours.

Scroll down to the KEYS section and find Transfer on Onhook if it is switched off try switching it on.

Only other thing I can think of is the factory reset at present. :?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

TX on hook is switched on. I also saw somethign called call completion and switched that to on to no avail.

I've set another extenstion up for the receptionist so I'm going to try a factory reset now and see what happens.

T

A factory reset didn't work so I'm guessing it's something to do with the new firmware. I'd prefer not to switch back as sending DTMF tones in INFO mode is necessary for our door entry system. Can anyone suggest any other reason why it may be doing this. It's not a show stopper but it's pretty annoying.

Cheers

T

whenever a call is transfered and the receiver is replaced the line to be transfered stays as if it was still on hold. It is however not still on hold and the call does transfer fine, but, I have to pick the line up again and close it manually to get rid of it. I'm guessing this is a provisioning issue and I'm maybe missing a setting somewhere?
Can anyone offer anymore information on this? It's starting to be a real pain for our receptionist. I think maybe downgrading the firmware might be something to consider. Has anyone done this on a snom? Is it easy?

I'm still struggling with this problem. I have downgraded the firmware to version 5 and still having no luck with the calls being killed after tx.

Here's a screen shot of my advanced settings. Am I missing something stoopid? :shock:
T

Just noticed that I'm getting the same problem (most of our folks use Snom 190s with 3.60x firmware and don't get this problem).

I'm using a 320 with 6.2.3.

We also have other 320s with firmware 4.5 - I've not had any reports of TX problems with them, but haven't had time to check it yet.

When I try to downgrade to 4.5 I get the error, "Wrong image - aborted press any key." This is using the "software update" section on the web config on the phone. Do I need to do the downgrade by tftp? If so could someone offer me some advice on the best way to do it?

T

If snom3X0-ramdiskToJffs2-br.bin is already installed, which is shown like Rootfs-Version: snom3x0 jffs2 v3.35/v3.36 at the System Information web interface page of the phone, you have to revert this with updating to snom3X0-Jffs2ToRamdisk-br.bin. This is possible via HTTP only!
So can I do this from the same "software update" section I used to downgrade to V5?

Okay.

Downgrading the file system went fine. Downgrading the firmware via tftp seemed to be going great. Said it was a success but then it just cycled over and over through it's update process. It then stabalised itself. It seems to have now reverted back to the Rootfs-Version: snom3x0 jffs2 v3.35/v3.36. I've tried a couple of times and yeilded the same results each time. The phone is working but as if it is the v5 firmware still. Maybe a call to voipfone is in order?

Yep I applied the version 4.5 firmware after doing the filesystem downgrade using a TFTP application called pumpkin. That's when it cycled through and then seemed to revert back to the previous settings.

[11/13/06 12:18:35] 'snom360.bin' of type 'octet' is requested from 192.168.1.100
[11/13/06 12:19:01] Transfer of 'snom360.bin' has successfully completed

I had to rename the V4.5 firmware to snom360.bin for the update process.

The system information says:

Phone Type: snom360-SIP
MAC-Address: 00041323389C
IP-Address: 192.168.1.100
Kernel Version: snom360 linux 3.25
Application-Version: snom360-SIP 6.2.3
Rootfs-Version: snom360 jffs2 v3.36
Firmware-URL: http://snom.provu.co.uk/sw/snom360-ramd ... .36-br.bin
Production Information: Mac:00041323389C;Version:Standard;Hardware:snom360 (MB V1.0_K7,KB V1.0_L2-NC);Lot: 23.01.06

So it's as if nothing has changed. I'm confuzzled!

It's definitely running firmware 6.2.3. Even your downgrade to v5 hasn't stuck.

Are you sure that you turned off the auto-update feature? It's on the Advanced tab, under heading "Update Policy". Set it to "Never update, do not load settings".

If you'd left this as "Update automatically", after downgrading the firmware it will check, see that it's running an old version and then upgrade it automatically by itself.

Yep it is set to "Never update, do not load settings".

After the filesystem downgrade I got this on the system info:

System Information:
Rootfs-Version: snom360 ramdisk v3.31
Firmware-URL: http://www.snom.com/download/snom360-jf ... .31-br.bin
Production Information: Mac:00041323389C;Version:Standard;Hardware:snom360 (MB V1.0_K7,KB V1.0_L2-NC);Lot: 23.01.06

As you can see it has the right file system version: Rootfs-Version: snom360 ramdisk v3.31

But then on trying to downgrade to 4.5 using tftp that's when it cycles through and eventually reverts back to the new file system and firmware. :?

As you can see from this:

System Information:
Rootfs-Version: snom360 jffs2 v3.36
Firmware-URL: http://snom.provu.co.uk/sw/snom360-ramd ... .36-br.bin

The strange thing is, when it reverts back, the update is set to automatically and the url is: http://snom.provu.co.uk/snom360.php?mac={mac}

Thanks for all your help on this David you've been great.

I've just tried going for a V3.6 firmware incase it was the firmware that was causing problems but it's still doing the same thing. I'm at a loss now. I followed the instructions as it said in the snom wiki and I'm getting pretty bored now.

Voipfone.. is there anything you can do to aleviate the situation? A new phone with older firmware would be nice :-) Or even a tried and tested method of downgrading the firmware on this one.

T

Only thing I can suggest is to raise a support ticket directly with Snom through their website.

Give them as much info as possible (including your phone's MAC address, as they need this to know you're a genuine user). You might even want to link to this thread for info.

They usually respond within a day of raising a new support ticket.

I've had a thought. :idea:

Maybe when I do the firmware downgrade the phone is then reset with the automatic update url from snom and by default told to update automatically. So if I were to run tptf downgrade on a network with no internet connection then I could get to the settings and disable automatic update before it gets a chance to do it. Not got time to try it right now. Just thought I'd share with you all incase anyone had any feedback before I give it a whirl?

T :twisted:

Update:

The firmware downgrade was successful when done on a network with no internet connection. It seems the phone was automatically updating itself when it detected an internet connection. So I logged into the web config and turned off automatic updatates before i re-connected to the network with an internet connection.

However, It doesn't seem to have completely solved my call transfer problem. Unattended transfers work fine, but when I try an attended transfer it just drops the incoming line on pressing the transfer button.

Having looked at the settings I changed call join on xfer (2 calls) to on, but it still doesn't work.

I've got a feeling there's one small setting I'm missing, but can't find it. I'm going to trawl through the snom wiki and see what I come up with.

Any suggestions?

T