Call Diversion Enhancement

Sorry if this has been raised before, had a glance down previous threads but didn't see it mentioned.

I'd find it useful to be able to divert calls to a different number if my VoIPfone line wasn't answered (e.g. my mobile). At the moment it's all or nothing, or only if busy or the system falls over.

Thats a difficult one! I'll do some more searching later. I don't think this device offers divert on no response though.

As you say it will be good for voipfone to offer this service directly, but at present they dont. But connecting to the network with eqiupment which supports divert on no answer, this works right now.

MrMan wrote:Thats a difficult one! I'll do some more searching later. I don't think this device offers divert on no response though.

As you say it will be good for voipfone to offer this service directly, but at present they dont. But connecting to the network with eqiupment which supports divert on no answer, this works right now.
There doesn't appear to be anything on the configuration page to suggest it does. Can you recommend a piece of kit that would support this? And possibly one that supports more than one VoIP account?

The ATA is what I have from my BT Broadband Voice days.. I think it's a little cruddy by todays standards, I wouldn't mind upgrading if that's what it takes!

I've just set up 3 of the PAP2T and they are excellent. Also set up 4 Sipura SPA2002's - again an excellent choice.

Before it was a mixture of grandstream HT486 & Cisco AT186 but connection wasn't completely reliable.

Since putting the PAP2T & SPA2002 in connectivity has been 100%.

Both are also very good for setting up, and the DialPlan facility has given me virtual linked pbx's for the first time.

DOH! Sorry guys, forgot to say that both the PAP2T and Sipura SPA2000/2002 will do call divert.

The codes are under the REGIONAL tab in the adaptor setup.

I've 2 voipfone extensions connected to my BT analogue exchange and are answered by autoattendant. I've only advertised extension 201 and on that extension I set up 'divert on busy' by dialling *90 followed by 202 and hey presto the divert works.

The code to divert all calls is *72 and *73 to cancel.
Divert on no answer is *92 and *93 to canel.

deekayw wrote:DOH! Sorry guys, forgot to say that both the PAP2T and Sipura SPA2000/2002 will do call divert.

The codes are under the REGIONAL tab in the adaptor setup.

I've 2 voipfone extensions connected to my BT analogue exchange and are answered by autoattendant. I've only advertised extension 201 and on that extension I set up 'divert on busy' by dialling *90 followed by 202 and hey presto the divert works.

The code to divert all calls is *72 and *73 to cancel.
Divert on no answer is *92 and *93 to canel.
Yep, i have changed mine to the UK standard though :) The ones BT / Cable / Mobiles use

Good idea - is there a list of what the BT codes are ?

Got partial success with the Cisco AT186 -
(Page A-5 in At186 administrators Guide)
#72 (Divert all calls) followed by destination number and #
#74 (Divert on busy) ditto #
#75 (Divert on no answer) ditto #
#73 (Cancel divert) followed by #

Only 1 divert can be active at any time

Needs a bit more playing around (sorry, investigation!) - diverts ok to PSTN numbers but can't make it do it to other extensions or voipfone 3xxxxxxx numbers.

The uk codes are:

21 divert all calls
67 divert when busy
61 divert on unanswered

to set you dial *code*number to divert to#
to cancel you dial #code#

So the PAP2 'should' have *21* in divert all box and #21# in divert all cancel box etc....