Registering extensions with either X-Lite or SJPhone

Hi,

Sorry if this is an FAQ but I am baffled as to how to register as an extension on either X-Lite (version available from VoipFone) or the current free version of SJPhone.

SJPhone - tried registering with my user name as 3xx account number with *201 at the end but it wouldnt let me register. Taking away the *201 worked but that logs me in to my default extension 200, not 201 so I cannot long in as x201

X-Lite - installed it and during reg wizard entered my user name as 3xx account number with *201 at the end but it wouldnt let me register. Couldn't see any way to chage this as the menus seem to have been disabled so uninstalled then reinstalled and entered normal account number without *201 suffix and it worked but logged me into x200 only as expected. I saw a reference to entering the auth user or Authorized user but i cannot for the life of me find that in the setup menus anywhere. I assume it appears on a different lite version or on the PRO version.

Anyone have any ideas?

Yes you login as XXXXXXXX*XXX, But you have to make sure you are using the correct passcode for the extension, it will probably be different to your main one.