Alternative Payment Methods

This may be the wrong place, but I'm getting nowhere anywhere else!!!!

I really want to sign up properly with Voipfone but my debit card is Mexican and for some bizarre reason Barclays don't like Mexican cards. As such they reject my card saying the CV2 number failed validation everytime.

This gives me a big problem. The only alternative method of payment offered is bank transfer, but as my bank is in Mexico this would be an international Swift payment, for the pleasure of which HSBC charge me a fee of approx 40 GBP. Since the amount I need to pay initially is about 9 GBP it kinda defeats the object if I have to 40 GBP for the priviledge.

Even Continental Airlines allow me to pay via Western Union if necessary (not that it is, as everyone except Barclays accepts my card without any problem), so come on Voipfone (are you listening, Colin? :wink: ), let me pay by PayPal or something other method. I want to be a customer, please let me!!!!!!!!

Paypal would be very useful, voipfone could offer this very easily and you'd just need to add the charges that paypal deduct to make the service profitable for voipfone, and give your users another payment option.

Got to agree whole heartedly here!

I have been emailing sales / support / customer support for ages reference the PayPal payment methods - all receiving the same answer 'yes, that will be done someday'......

Ideal for moments when I am out on the road, and need credit to use on the software phone - just top up using paypal instead of whipping wallets out and trying to get a card number rattled off.

At the moment I think this is the only thing that lets Voipfone down.

Please Voipfone, listen to us and get PayPay (or NoChex) sorted, not like its a monstrous signup to go through to get an account is it!

Ry

At the moment we don't like PayPal's way of dealing with merchants........but we'll keep reviewing it.
Regards,

Voipfone Customer Services

iNet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
Sovereign House
227 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SD
United Kingdom

Registered number: 05168033
Vat Registration Number 858850966

Telephone: 020 7043 5555
Fax: 020 7043 5556

Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk
Blog: http://www.voipfoneblog.co.uk
Forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/voipfone

At the moment we don't like PayPal's way of dealing with merchants........but we'll keep reviewing it.
Please be more specific to justify your comment, the forum is here to discuss and share info ... do you mean their dubious record for closing accounts or withholding funds at will ?

I understand that as I use it myself, but if you transfer out often enough you can reduce your risks ...

Its unfortunate that paypal act a bit like a monopoly, however for your customers this would be a useful feature - especially ones who have no credit card or who do lots of business with Paypal. Have you considered the number of potential clients who might have turned away because of that ? The guy in Mexico for 1 ...

Bank transfers are slow and cumbersome ...

Cheers

Andy

andy wrote:

Please be more specific to justify your comment, the forum is here to discuss and share info ... do you mean their dubious record for closing accounts or withholding funds at will ?
I don't see why you believe that Voipfone should justify their decision to you. It is a statement of the companies position that they do not accept Paypal, and I think that it is unreasoinable to expect Voipfone to enter in to a discussion in order to have to justify that position just to satisfy you.

Time spent on irrelevancies like this just waste time which is better spent on actually running the company.

Jerry

Im not asking them/you to justify the decision, thats clearly up to them,
I asked them to justify the comment, as I wondered what it is they don't like ...

In previous personal conversations with Staff they commented on the
high charges imposed by Paypal for transactions hence my
suggestion to burden the charges on the client who wants to pay with Paypal.

Anyway Jerry, thanks for correcting my misunderstanding that this forum exists
to get customer feedback, to express opinions and make suggestions,
and that payment methods, like my post, are an irrelevance that hinder
the running of the company ...

Andy, you might also consider that although you can say pretty much anything you like here without fear of legal or commercial consequences, the staff of Voipfone are not able to do so. It's a free space for you but a place of work to them.

We'd love to be totally open with everything we do and we like a good punch up on a forum as much as anyone else but we are necessarily restricted.

Now get us in the pub and buy us a beer and that's a different matter.........
Colin Duffy, CEO, Voipfone

Now get us in the pub and buy us a beer and that's a different matter....
Yeh that sounds much better than the forum !
Have you all got Voipfone T Shirts so I can recognise you
in the Pub and can I have one too?

I think an informal Voipfone staff and customer pub night would be a great thing! There's a couple of Voipfone staff I'd most definitely like to buy a drink for.

andy wrote:
Got to agree with Andy on this one - I have been using PayPal for 4 years for a business and have shifted nearly 6k through it without a problem :\

Ah well - guess I will have to go find a VoIP supplier that will.
Been hanging on for Voipfone to do it for too long - especially being strung along with the 'It will be done soon line'.

:(
Ry

The process of card payment and the reasons for rejecting are unclear.
I tried to use a VISA CARD and got the same CV2 number failed validation, and voipfone support just replied, "may be we were unable to process, please try again."
(1)Does the payment process try to create a charge on card, or does it
just processes the single payment?
(2) Are some types of cards not accepted?

Forgive me for swearing, but Sipgate offer Paypal as a payment option - even if it does all come up in German text ... :lol:

May the power of the forum be with us ! And what about the T shirts ?

andy wrote:Forgive me for swearing, but Sipgate offer Paypal as a payment option - even if it does all come up in German text ... :lol:
That will do me, signed up with free geographic number and topped up with paypal.

Cheers for the pointer andy.

... well the intention wasn't that anyone goes off to Sipgate as this is a Voipfone
forum, and I happen to think Voipfone are generally better ... however it underlines the
point that people vote with their feet, most people would not bother writing to a forum but just go elsewhere which I presume is appreciated already.

andy wrote:... well the intention wasn't that anyone goes off to Sipgate as this is a Voipfone
forum, and I happen to think Voipfone are generally better ... however it underlines the
point that people vote with their feet, most people would not bother writing to a forum but just go elsewhere which I presume is appreciated already.
Again agree with you Andy.
I have still got the Voipfone which is better than the sipgate account in quality and options, but Sipgate will be getting my money just because they use paypal for top ups.

My whole point of posting here wasn't to say 'voipfone are crap i am off', they are a good outfit, however with the lack of online payment options i think they will lose out to the likes of sipgate due to that one and only point.

I now call out from my sipgate but people call me on my Voipfone - thats is until Voipfone clue on that PayPal are not the evil that some people make them out to be.

If the only worry is PayPal is dodgy - look at NoChex and even MoneyBookers - two other popular online payment methods that have helped me in my business (from a reseller hosting account to owning multiple servers across the world!!)

Cheers
Ry

Ry wrote:If the only worry is PayPal is dodgy - look at NoChex and even MoneyBookers - two other popular online payment methods that have helped me in my business (from a reseller hosting account to owning multiple servers across the world!!)
My vote goes to moneybookers.

Payment options

we are currently considering a number of different payment options but nothing definite has been decided yet.

All our options are due to be discussed at our next development meeting and we will keep you informed both on the forum and via email.
Regards,

Voipfone Customer Services

iNet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
Sovereign House
227 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SD
United Kingdom

Registered number: 05168033
Vat Registration Number 858850966

Telephone: 020 7043 5555
Fax: 020 7043 5556

Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk
Blog: http://www.voipfoneblog.co.uk
Forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.co.uk
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/voipfone

My reason for wanting Paypal is that if I get paid for my services via Paypal, or if I buy and sell on Ebay and have money in my account I can use that to pay for Voipfone.

Also as mentioned in this thread, if I'm away and don't have my credit card I can still top up or pay for voipfone services.

If I was comparing VOIP providers, being able to pay by Paypal would
be a tick in the plus box for voipfone.

andy wrote:My reason for wanting Paypal is that if I get paid for my services via Paypal, or if I buy and sell on Ebay and have money in my account I can use that to pay for Voipfone.

Also as mentioned in this thread, if I'm away and don't have my credit card I can still top up or pay for voipfone services.

If I was comparing VOIP providers, being able to pay by Paypal would
be a tick in the plus box for voipfone.
YES!!!
My points exactly - if the PayPal option came up with voipfone I would be back grabbing a local number and extensions!!!!

But again we see the 'we'll talk about it' line
Everytime I email sales / support etc I have got that line :(

Re: Payment options

Voipfone Support wrote:we are currently considering a number of different payment options but nothing definite has been decided yet.

All our options are due to be discussed at our next development meeting and we will keep you informed both on the forum and via email.
When was this / is this development meeting and any developments for PayPal / NoChex / Moneybookers?

Ry