Had a worrying experience with my Handytone 486 today.
Picked up my handset (DECT) - and instead of a dialling tone, a piercing high pitched noise was there.
Went to reset the HT-486 - which is in another room. The HT-486 ATA itself was actually making a quietish, but weird high pitched noise . More worrying was how hot it had got.. (VERY).. and the strong smell of electronic components burning!
I unplugged it and let the thing cool down... it now seems to be working fine again - though I'm a little worred about potential fire risks with the device after that.
I'd had a phone call about an hour before this.. the caller appeared to hang up fairly quickly before the DECT answerphone had cut in. They tried again in a minute and this time voipfone pstn failover diverted it to my mobile.
I'm not a hardware person.. but I've heard something about the line voltage being raised to signal a phone to ring. Made me wonder if there's a firmware fault along the lines of: -
-> SIP message received by ht-486 to initiate phone call.
-> Ht-486 raises line level to make phone ring.
-> For some reason... it stays in this state.. getting hotter and hotter - then sets itself on fire!??
Be interested to know if anybody else has experienced it, or has any ideas about it.
- Information & Feedback
- - Voipfone Status Page
- - Feedback & Bug Reports
- Help and Support
- - Voipfone General Information and FAQs
- - Hardware Support
- - - Phone Setup Guides
- - - - Snom Phones
- - - - Siemens Phones
- - - - Linksys Phones
- - - Adaptor Setup Guides
- - - Network Setup Guides
- - Softphone Support
- - - Softphone Setup Guides
- - - Download Zoiper Softphone
- - Voipfone Virtual PBX Support
- - Routers, Firewalls & NAT
- - Broadband Support
- - - Getting Started, Router Config
- - - Voipfone Broadband FAQ
- - Asterisk and other hardware PBX Support
- - CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Integration
- - Voipfone Address Book Dialler (TAPI Plugin)
- - Browser Dialler Plugins
- Voipfone Community
- - Voipfone General Discussion Forum
- - Virtual Assistants Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest