View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 28th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Really need help getting this setup fro my business asap. 

I'm trying to get this setup but I'm having difficulties getting my head around this.
I run a busy kitchen manufactures and I am constantly getting problems with missing phone calls and not replying to messages.
I currently have two phone numbers running Motorola long range analogue phones.
My ideas about how to setup this online, voip service is-
1. Redirect incoming calls using but business services to my voip number.
2. Then I can run the virtual pbs and the other services
3. Buy this Cisco SPA112 VoIP Adaptor to receive the calls on the analogue phones.

If I use the Cisco will the out going phone calls show up as my analogue number or the voip number?

Does this seem the right way to do it?

Let me know your thoughts, I feel clueless in these matters.

Thanks in advance for any help.

December 8th, 2016, 10:18 pm

When you say you have two phone numbers, Are these supplied via two separate PSTN lines?

You could port your telephone number(s) over to Voipfone? Do that and you won't have to pay any call forwarding charges to your current telephone provider when forwarding inbound calls to your VoIP line(s). Be warned, any broadband active on a line you port to Voipfone would be terminated once the porting is complete.

If you would prefer not to port your existing telephone number(s) over, consider getting an OBi110 (you will need 2x OBi110's if you have 2 PSTN lines) and hook that up to your PSTN line, then plug your long-range Motorola analogue phone into the OBi110’s phone port. You can then receive inbound calls via your PSTN line without paying to forward an inbound call to your VoIP provider and make outgoing calls over your VoIP line. Did you know, Voipfone can add your current phone number(s) caller ID to your Voipfone account? So, that when you call out over your VoIP line your original phone numbers are displayed, the caller won't know any different. You need to provide proof of ownership and pay a small fee which is currently £5 +VAT per number I believe.

If the two phone numbers you currently have are not supplied via a PSTN line, or the PSTN line isn't in the same location as your router/motorola phones, or you want to make full use of Voipfone's PBX then use the SPA112 and forward all calls to your Voipfone number and have that set to use Voipfone's PBX.

December 9th, 2016, 9:11 pm
Profile WWW

First of all thanks for your help so far.
I don't wish to port my number,
1. So I plug my pstn in the obi110 > this forwards my pstn to my voip number without paying for forwarding.
2. So then can I set up the virtual switchboard on the voip number? Then customers can hear this when phoning me?
3. So when I use my analogue Motorola phones, it's using the voip number but with caller Id the customer sees my original bt number.
If I do all this why do I need the spa112? Or do I not need it?
I would like to use all the features of the pbx but would rather not pay to forward all my calls.
Thanks in advance.

December 10th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Joshuajhall87 wrote:
1. So I plug my pstn in the obi110 > this forwards my pstn to my voip number without paying for forwarding.

2. So then can I set up the virtual switchboard on the voip number? Then customers can hear this when phoning me?

The OBi110 is capable of this, It is long winded but it works like this:
Caller dials your BT number > OBi110 forwards the incoming BT call to your Voipfone PBX (at no charge) using an existing Voipfone sip account defined in the OBi110 ITSP profile > Caller hears the Voipfone PBX and interacts with it > lets say the caller pressed 1 on the PBX and this was set to ring you, Voipfone PBX sends the call back to your OBi110 and your Motorola phone rings.

However, with normal telephony you can have only one telephone call on one telephone line at once. What this means is, should a second caller call your BT telephone number, they will hear an engage tone! That sucks...

See: http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Simultaneous_Calls.php

Joshuajhall87 wrote:
3. So when I use my analogue Motorola phones, it's using the voip number but with caller Id the customer sees my original bt number.

Exactly, there is no monthly charge for this other than the one off fee I mentioned earlier.

Joshuajhall87 wrote:
If I do all this why do I need the spa112? Or do I not need it?

Well if the BT inbound call restriction is an issue (and I think it will be) then the SPA112 would be a more suitable choice, it has two phone ports where the OBi110 only has the one. Only way to get around the inbound call restriction would be to forward all BT calls to Voipfone but then you're going to be billed per minute for all calls BT divert.

December 11th, 2016, 9:53 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the reply. :D
I think I will go down the option of diverting all the calls to voip.
Will it be cheaper to buy a local voip number to divert them to or does it not matter?
When I use my phone in the office will the outgoing call show up as my phone number I have now or as my voip number?
Really need to keep it as my phone number I have now as it is well known in my local community.

December 11th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Joshuajhall87 wrote:
Will it be cheaper to buy a local voip number to divert them to or does it not matter?

Voipfone provide a free 0560 telephone number but read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6984#p18033

So yes, buy a local VoIP number. Voipfone charge £2 +VAT a month for a local telephone number but having one could save you money in the long run. Diverting calls to the free 0560 number Voipfone provide can be costly. :(

Joshuajhall87 wrote:
When I use my phone in the office will the outgoing call show up as my phone number I have now or as my voip number?
Really need to keep it as my phone number I have now as it is well known in my local community.

See: http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Edit_Caller_ID.php

Quote:
You may also add any non-Voipfone numbers that you have, such as your mobile phone or PSTN landline.

To do this you need to fax us asking to add the new number. We also need proof that you own the number so please fax us a bill showing the number to 020 3603 3556 or email cli@voipfone.co.uk There is an admin fee of £5 for this (Ex VAT)

Send an email to cli@voipfone.co.uk and request they add your BT phone number to your Voipfone account. Once it has been added, anyone you call via Voipfone will see your BT number.

December 11th, 2016, 8:43 pm
Profile WWW

So I change the cli to show my office number.
Does this mean I would have to buy a minutes package for the calls?
Is there not a way to use the pstn just for outbound calls?
Thanks

December 11th, 2016, 9:45 pm

You only need to purchase a minutes package if you want to dial out over Voipfone. You can also just add some credit to your Voipfone account, no need for a minutes package at all! They just offer better value for money if you call out a lot.

If you want to place calls out over your BT line and not via Voipfone then you will need an OBi110. The Cisco SPA112 won't allow you to do that.

Remember though, call charges are cheaper when placed over Voipfone compared to BT (Unless you have some special bundle such as unlimited uk calls). Also, using Voipfone to make your outbound calls allows you to take advantage of calling features such as call hold, call transfer and even call record.

December 11th, 2016, 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]